About this role:
We are a 42 bedroomed hotel, with a Restaurant and 2 function rooms. We cater for Weddings, Events, Funerals and Conferences.
We offer a pension scheme through NEST, which will be discussed more upon commencing your employment. This is based on 3% contributions from the employer, and 5% from the employee.
The salary bracket is between £26,000 – £28,000 dependent on experience.
- To ensure that all food produce within the Hotel Kitchen for clients and customers is to a most satisfactory standard and that colleagues working beneath the Head Chef are taught to produce food to a similar standard, portion sizes and the way the food is presented.
- To produce seasonal Menus in a timely manner, liaising with the Sales Manager
- To work to Sales Targets as laid out in the Budget and purchase good accordingly to Sales profit requirements.
- Keep to Wage Cost Budget.
- Produce weekly timesheets along with any Holiday Request Forms and any absentee’s forms.
- Monitor operating costs as per budget and if sales don’t meet target show a saving.
- Maintain Kitchen Hygiene Standards and Records laid down by E.H.O. Record sign and file daily all records, ensure all staff have adhered to this procedure, along with Daily, Weekly and Monthly Cleaning schedules.
- Food Stock to be counted the 1stof every month and sent to Head Office.
- Food Invoices to be put on a Batch Headers weekly and passed to the General Manager to sign off.
- Adhere to Personnel Policy as laid down by Guide Post to look after employees, Interview, select, induct and train as laid down in the Employees Hand Book.
- Hold regular Department Meetings to discuss Policy changes, Menu and price changes, record and document these meetings, it is now an E.H.O. requirement.
- To assist and help within The Guide Post Hotel as and when necessary with any reasonable request or task.
- To promote a hospitable and professional image to the guest and give full co-operation to any guest or member of staff requiring assistance with a prompt caring and helpful attitude, anticipate guests needs whenever possible.
- To maintain regular and effective communication within your team and all levels round the hotel assist and help within the Guide Post Hotel as and when necessary with any reasonable request or task.
- To identify and report any maintenance requirements and record in maintenance book behind reception, check hazards in the workplace and to follow up to ensure zero effects
- To comply with the statutory and legal requirements for Fire Health and Safety, Licensing, COSHH regulations, Risk Assessment and employment.
- To undertake any task as set by the General Manager.